THE CURRENT MODEL FOR CARE IS FLAWED
- The existing segmented health care delivery model is fragmented, bloated and inefficient.
- Patients with serious conditions see an average of 11 different doctors, resulting in the lack of coordination of care and, therefore, become victims of the system.
- This leads to poorly managed and redundant care which, in turn, increases cost and death rate. In fact, 20% of the frail population generates 60% of the health care cost.
- Healthcare costs in the last year of life increase seven-fold.
- 80% of seniors wish to die at home – less than 5% actually do.
- The current model causes low compliance with chronic care management protocols.
- Chronic conditions progress more rapidly due to poor management.
- Precious family and public (Medicare) resources are wasted, thus endangering funds available for future generations.
- Patients and families experience unnecessary hardship associated with loss of independence, psychological and emotional stress, and financial loss.