CareMore considers all providers to hold a crucial role of being the medical home "gatekeepers" and coordinators of a member's complete health care.
Therefore, it is important for CareMore to ensure that all providers are properly trained and informed about CareMore' services for all lines of business, as applicable. In addition, this will also help you to seamlessly serve CareMore members, your patients.
CareMore is committed to providing quality educational materials.
In this section you will find a list of available training that include useful information to help you provide cultural competent care to patients from different cultures and backgrounds. This training also includes information on state and federal regulations on the provision of culturally and linguistically appropriate services.
CareMore has provided CMS/DHCS mandated self-study training presentations on our website for your convenience. You will be asked to complete a Registration and Attestation form before viewing the training materials.
After registration you will have access to training materials for:
- HIPAA Basics for Providers
- Medicare Parts C and D General Compliance Training
- Combating Medicare Parts C and D Fraud, Waste and Abuse
- SNP Model Of Care
- Chronic Care Improvement Program (CCIP)
- Language Services
- Federal False Claims Act (FCA) Training
- Balance Billing
- A Physician's Guide to Culturally Competent Care - U.S. Department of Health & Human Service: A free, online educational program accredited for physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners. Explore engaging cases and learn about cultural competency in health care. Receive nine free CME credits (for physicians and physician assistants) or nine contact hours (for nurse practitioners).
- Language Barrier: Watch Breaking Down the Language Barrier - Translating Limited English Proficiency into practice. Covers information on providing equal access to services to patients with limited English proficiency (LEP). Produced by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, the USDA, and the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Creating an LGBT Friendly Practice
- Moving toward Equity in Asthma Care – An online experience to help providers enhance asthma care for diverse patients.
Once your attestation is complete, you will have access to all training material for the next 365 days
Our top priority is making sure you have everything you need to seamlessly serve our members, your patients. The resources below have been provided to assist you. The following training material applies to Los Angeles and Santa Clara County Providers only.
CareMore Cal MediConnect Plan Reference Guide
Our Quick Reference Guide is a useful tool to help orient contracted providers to Cal MediConnect and how to work with CareMore. We cover topics such as who to contact for various questions, provider participation requirements and an overview of new processes relevant to Cal MediConnect.
Cal MediConnect Plan Quick Reference Guide
LA Cal MediConnect Overview Video
If you have not signed up before, the link below will take you to a sign-up screen before the video launches.
Once your attestation is complete, you will have access to all training material for the next 365 days.
The Cal MediConnect Provider Manual contains guidelines, policies and procedures and general reference information required of our providers to help ensure that members receive quality, comprehensive care.
Should you have general questions pertaining the Provider Manual, please contact Provider Relations at 866-291-1358 (select Option 3 & Option 5).
Cal MediConnect Provider Manual (PDF)